CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

What I'm still learning from Dad

I thought I had learned all that I could from my dad but I guess I was wrong. The other day my dad called and left a message on my voicemail and in that moment I realized that I have been out of my dad's house for over 15 years and I can't remember a week where he hasn't called me to check up and see how I was doing. Some weeks are small talk driven, some we have something to really say and talk about but every week my dad calls and tells me he loves me. My dad has demonstrated and modeled for me what a dad should do for his kids. Man, he is cool like that. No matter what my week has been like I can depend on that call. I can still learn a thing or two from my dad but in all honesty I bet if I continue to let the Holy Spirit speak I can learn a whole lot more! I love you dad. Thanks for being my teacher. You make me proud to be your son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw that's sweet! My dad hangs up on me when I call. But that may be because I was talking about quitting my job, moving home, and having him support me for the rest of my life. LOL

Stephanie said...

Your dad is so great. We're so glad to have him here in TN. Glad you're blogging!