CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Different day same....

Maybe you've heard that saying. It seems as though even for a lot of christians we live that way not because we know we don't have to but mostly because it's easier. Wake up do the normal routine whatever that is for you, go to work, come home, eat dinner, hang out, watch t.v., read, go to bed. Every once in a while throw in going out to eat or a vacation and now your really living! It's easy but when did easy become better? Sometimes I live life like I'm looking in the rear view mirror. "Good day yesterday" or "That was the best vacation ever". I'm guilty for doing that especially being in ministry. I want to live on the moment of yesterday when the truth is that God created me to live for the now and in the now He wants to do something awesome if I'll only take my eyes off the rear view mirror and focus on the road ahead. I know if I do God will surprise me with some new adventures and some new roads I've never explored. Yes, different day but it definitely doesn't have to be the same b.s..

Father, help me and the ones who read this to live today for today, turning our focus from what once was to what is going to be. Help me to make today more than yesterday. More of you today, Father, and less of me.

2 comments:

Mark Lunsford said...

Hey Jaime! Welcome to the blog world! Keep it coming.

Jaime Kent said...

Hey bro! I didn't know you were on here! Sweet. How's the new church and the transition with the family?