CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Worth It!



In my front yard is a tree that we just planted and somehow it is already dead! So here is the conversation between me and my wife:

Her: Why are you watering that tree?

Me: The lady at the tree farm said this might happen but to keep watering it.

Her: Jaime, it's dead, let's just call them and get a new one.

Me: No, Babe, they said this might happen and that it would blossom in the spring. We need to keep watering it even if it looks dead on the outside.

My point. I wonder how many people we minister to that just look dead on the outside and no matter how much we seem to pour into them nothing seems to change. I will admit that it gets discouraging to stand in front of my tree and I'm sure as people drive by it just looks plain stupid but the lady said it would be worth it. And God says it worth it to not give up on a life even when it looks dead. For those of you who live life to minister to people, don't lose heart when you don't see life, spring is just around the corner.

2 comments:

Sam Mahlstadt said...

that is so encouraging to hear. you have a way with words my friend, I just got caught up on most of your blog posts and I am remembering why I missed them so much. Keep writing, and keep ministering like you do.

Sara said...

hey jaime!
kate and i got blogs!
but i feel this really spoke to me.
i know of someone who used to be so full of life, but now seems to be struggling again.
i know not to give up on them,
but i also know i can't help them on my own, i need God.
thanks for your encouraging words :)