CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Don't take this personal but....

Those are words at some point we have all heard. We prepare ourselves for what comes next and in the rush of a moment there is a flood of thoughts. Mostly, I attempt to detach myself from the non-sequential truth and cling to my defined truth in Christ. He says to me, "Sometimes you're pretty abrupt and you can come across like you know it all which only pushes people away". What a bomb shell. I guess deep down inside I knew that but I didn't want anyone pointing it out. In that moment I had two choices, take offense or take it to heart and change. It's been five years since that conversation and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I chose not to let those words define me but instead help to change me. It wasn't defining truth but it sure was a defining moment. I'm still not there, I still have moments where I can be a supreme jerk but every time I am the Holy Spirit reminds me and quickly takes me back to where I was. I wonder how many of us need some defining moments of truth that don't necessarily define us but they do changes us? Do you have anyone in your life that can speak truth like that even though it is hard to hear?

0 comments: