CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

House Party

Hung out with some of my favorite people tonight. I love students and love the students I get to hang out with every week. Tonight we talked about James 3 and the power of the tongue and our inability to control it. So if we can't control it then what are we to do? Here is what we came up with:

Pray- Fill our mouths with something other than gossip, profanity, slander, complaining so that our words can make Him smile.
Practice- Write out the areas we personally deal with and work towards the opposite (i.e. if I complain than work on speaking positive or if I gossip speak encouragement of others)
Patrol- Enlist others to hold you accountable for what you say. Tell them where you struggle and ask them to hold you to it and remind you to get back up when you fall.

I really love the fact that I get to share my life with these students and more importantly I get to share my passion for Christ with them. I can only hope that it rubs off and they are transformed by a God who is crazy about them!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to talk to everyone. I know we all really appreciate it, especially me! Every tuesday I get some other message that just hits me right in the heart. This youth group has helped change my life for the better, and I cant even start to tell you how thankful I am.

P.s. Obviously I got a blog!

Jaime Kent said...

You have no idea what it means to me for you to say that. Thank you! Tuesdays are the highlight of my week!

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you my friend. more importantly, your Papa God is proud of you...
-roy