CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hearing God's Voice pt. dos

As a kid I could almost tell you what my parents would say to any given question I might have for them. I knew them very well and even more I knew, in most cases, how they would respond to situations. Knowing what they would say when I would ask if I could spend the night at a friend's house or take the car out for the first time or call and ask if I could extend my curfew all came from and started from smaller questions. To this day I can still predict how my parents will respond. It all stems from how well I know them and there tendencies.

God is the same way. How well do we know His tendencies? Do we know what He will say even before He says it? I think the bigger problem is that we only ask God the big questions. We want to know who we should marry, or what college we should attend. And then we wonder why we can't hear His voice and get a clear answer. What if we began with the simple questions? God, what do you want me to do today? God, should I go to the beach or should I go to the movies.

This is definitely the first step in learning to hear God's voice: ask simple questions. How much do I want to know God's voice? Ultimately that will be driving force to the questions I have. I need to remember that if I want to hear God about the bigger questions in life I need to start will the simple ones.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, Jaime. This is really good. I'll definitely be thinking about some "smaller" questions to ask God from now on. Makes a lot of sense.

Sara said...

I love this post, because I've always heard people say that they've heard God's voice.
And I've always wondered, how do I do that? And how do I know that its God's voice I'm hearing?
I'm so thankful to have you in my life, you don't even know.
You've impacted so many people's lives, and I feel blessed to have you in my life!
I love you, and keep inspiring me! :)