CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just how big is the "C" in circumstance?

Life is riddled with circumstance, good and bad. I love the good stuff but don't we all? Yet in moments like today I'm not loving the bad but I'm learning to welcome it. More and more as I read scripture I'm struck with how awful some of those people had life and how circumstance was woven into the stages set for words to fall on pages. I believe all of us are fascinated with adversity and victory. Probably more fascinated when it is not our own but all the same still fascinated. We will watch a news cast to get the story, listen to a great communicator share his life or just watch a movie that depicts the adversity of life and victory over such things like Cinderella Man (good movie). Adversity draws us into the story but victory inspires us to live our own story. If this is true than it is circumstance that is the variable. I'm overtaken today by Christ. The circumstances he faced, the desire to give in and the will to follow his Father. He was a man, just a man. I'm reminded that this too shall pass. Circumstance fades and when the dust settles where are you? For me the reality of circumstances are overwhelming, the desire to give in is there but my will to follow my Father remains. Just how big is the "C" in my circumstance? Not nearly as big as the "C" in my Christ.

0 comments: