CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Stop braggin and get wise!

Dang, sometimes you can read a scripture a hundred times and miss something. I love that about God. He never ceases to amaze me! Our culture and people in general have learned the how to's of just about everything from losing weight to boiling a pot of water. Read the fine print! James said in chapter 3:

13 If you are wise and understand God's ways, live a life of steady goodness so that only good deeds will pour forth. And if you don't brag about the good you do, then you will be truly wise!
James 3:13 (NLT)

Bam! You want wisdom go ahead and ask for it but here is the practical side of your prayer. This could be equated to the portion of us drawing close to Him. In black and white "live a life of steady goodness...and if you don't brag about the good you do, then you will be truly wise!" Hot diggity Dog! I love when God's word just slams unto me like that! I've gotta keep this in mind for today.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the book of James. He really doesn't pull any punches! I always learn something new when I read it. It's a small book that packs a whallop! Thanks for sharing your journey and insights!