CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Fulfilling a boyhood dream



Ever since I can remember I've wanted to see a Iowa game from the stands. Well, tomorrow is that day. T-minus 26 hours and counting. While I never would have imagined living back in Iowa, I never even fathomed I would be seeing the Hawkeyes play in their stadium.

I wonder why we die to our childhood dreams? Maybe some are "unrealistic" or maybe we become disinterested. I'm not sure why but the boy inside of me is doing cart wheels and driving my parents crazy in the back seat repeating the Iowa fight song! Stoked is an understatement. Tomorrow morning my brother and I head out at 6:30am for tail gating. The Hawks will probably get their butts handed to them on a silver platter but I don't really care. Hmmm, I wonder what other childhood dreams are lying dormant that I could pursue? Life is good!

1 comments:

Mark Lunsford said...

They must have known you were going to be there, so they decided to WIN! I'm sure that was an incredible atmosphere!